I can't imagine SAGE doing much (as it is now) in pure python--for
example we wouldn't even have Integer.pyx. Even the calculus package
has pyx files, and I would envision it getting more. The "lite" makes
it seem like the core is still there, and I don't see how to extract
that.

The only think I could see in this direction is something called
"SAGE interface" or something like that that would contain the tree
items mentioned below, i.e.

- Notebook
- DSage
- (Pure python) interfaces.

I think if it does anything mathematical on its own, it will be a
very hard to draw (and understand) line (not to mention maintenance
headache).

- Robert