I sort of think that SAGE lite and Knoboo would be useless for OLPC
because there is already an unified software interface called Sugar
and a wiki environment based around Media Wiki for the project. I
don't see any point in using a whole new interface inside Sugar just
to do math that would be similar to the wiki system used. I would find
it annoying as say a elementary school teacher if I used two wikis for
my class, one for math and one for everything else.

It appears that for applications the idea is to make small
applications for certain tasks. See the software ideas for math at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_ideas#Mathematics By being modular
like this an OLPC laptop can easily be shipped with just the
applications that are needed by the laptop's user.

I think what OLPC needs for math is small applications that each focus
some small part of math education such as a calculators of various
complexity including ones that show the steps for solving/computing
something. I think I would personally like this if I was in say in an
accounting class and had my wiki page up with my assignment and had my
speadsheet app in a small window with my calculator in another and was
able to move both around as needed to easily look at my data, make
calculations, and record them.