Hi,

I am hoping to use sage on some supercomputers and/or clusters.
Currently I am trying to compile it on the IBM Power4 machine at the
Minnesota Supercomputing Center (see http://www.msi.umn.edu/power4/index.html
for some details on that).   Its about 300 Power4 processors running
AIX.

I just tried compiliing sage-2.8.3.6 on it, and it started off OK but
failed while compiling libgcrypt.  It seems this is often a difficult
package, since it looks like a sticking point on Solaris and cygwin as
well.  Is there a  way to build around that? Would it help to try an
earlier sage version?

Marshall Hampton