On Sep 7, 7:00 pm, Hamptonio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping to use sage on some supercomputers and/or clusters.
> Currently I am trying to compile it on the IBM Power4 machine at the
> Minnesota Supercomputing Center (seehttp://www.msi.umn.edu/power4/index.html
> for some details on that).   Its about 300 Power4 processors running
> AIX.
>
> I just tried compiliing sage-2.8.3.6 on it, and it started off OK but
> failed while compiling libgcrypt.  It seems this is often a difficult
> package, since it looks like a sticking point on Solaris and cygwin as
> well.  Is there a  way to build around that? Would it help to try an
> earlier sage version?
>
> Marshall Hampton

Hey Marshall,

I believe libgcrypt is "only" the openssl replacement. So if you have
an openssl on that box you can probably ignore it. Do a touch in spkg/
installed/name_of_spkg to skip over it. I also believe to recall that
all the SLL stuff is only needed for the notebook, so I am fairly
certain that you won't run your computations that way.

I am not sure if AIX these days is pure 64 bit or a hyprid 32/64
userspace. If it is pure 64 bit you shouldn't run into too much
trouble. Let me know if you have any problems. I anybody has access to
an AIX box for me I would be willing to get Sage to work on AIX, too -
I just love UNIX :)

Cheers,

Michael