Ted Kosan wrote:
> Jason wrote:
>
>> Yeah!  It works!! :)
>>
>> I've put a very alpha patch (against 2.8.13) up on trac #1322 that
>> implements the following:
>
> I got it to work and I must admit its pretty cool!
>
> I'm going to have to think about the possibilities you have opened up
> with this approach.

Well, it was a big hack and it's not very pretty the way things work,
but the end result is sort of the idea of what I was going for.  I've
spent a lot more time thinking about this and I think it's going to be a
hard thing to do nicely.  William and others pointed out some of the
difficulties (and impossibilities!) in at least the way I was wanting to
approach things.  I'm definitely going to have to think about things
more too.

At least now we have something of a starting point :).  I think this is
going to end up being a rather long-term project (at least to do nicely).

-Jason