Robert wrote:

> Never seen that before, it looks pretty nice, and is BSD licensed. We
> looked around a lot about a year ago for open-source 3d applets but I
> never saw this. Can it graph arbitrary 3d shapes/polygons? It doesn't
> feel OpenGL accelerated, but I could be wrong.

I think it can plot arbitrary 3d shapes and polygons but it does not
appear to be OpenGL accelerated.

>> I really like the technique of using Jython in the client because its
>> like having a subset of SAGE on the client.  Users can easily create
>> GUI widgets with just a few lines of "SAGE" code.  Jython can be
>> included in an applet too.
>
>That is a good point.  How big is Jython.

The size of the jython.jar file is 1204789 bytes.

>I wouldn't be surprised if
> extension types were incompatible with Jython, which would rule out
> almost all Sage objects.

Correct, C-based extension types do not work with Jython.

> There is virtually no sage/client communication in this code. Sage
> spits out a 3d object (in a standard .obj file) and the applet reads
> it in via a URL.

This gives me the idea of making pickled Python objects available to
the client via a URL.

Ted