Yes, I was just going to say the same thing. planet.sagemath.org is
the way to go. Besides developers blogs, there can also be an official
blog (with several core sage developers having a write access to),
where official things will be announced.

Its true, that writing a blog requires time, but it's worthy and necessary.

Ondrej