> -1
>
> Thanks for your perspective.  However, I tend to disagree.
>
> The whole Sage development model is built on cooperation
> and to a huge extent that means trusting other people to help out,
> deciding on what people are good at and encouraging them
> to do just that, etc.   When somebody
> comes to me and wants to contribute to Sage my top priority
> is to understand precisely what they love and are good at,
> instead of preaching to them about how everything is going
> to be their job.    Here's a verbatim log from an irc session 2 hours ago
> to illustrate exactly:

Yes, that's true. But Tim point was that the opensource project, if it
wants to be successful, needs to do "boring" stuff, like releases,
documentation, easy to install, easy to run, etc. etc., otherwise, it
will die (am I correct Tim?). But I don't think printing CD belongs to
this cathegory these days with internet. And Sage is doing the other
things really, really well.

> Look left. Look right. Ask the net. See any volunteers? No?
> Then the task is on your desk.

> Is it important for the project? No? Ignore it. Yes? Do it.

> It's ALL your job.

I think I agree with this - but as I said, printing CD's belongs to "No".

I think opensource project, if it wants to be successful, must do
things exactly as William has said. On the other hand, I think the
project also need people very motivated for the project to succeed
(and Sage has many imho). If there are still important jobs to be done
and no volunteer wants to do it, well, then some motivated people
behing Sage need to do it. But I am really not worried about this
aspect, what I saw on Sage Days 6, Sage is in good hands and so it
will imho succeed.

Ondrej