On Jan 4, 6:18 pm, Johannct <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Johann,

> hi Josh,
> unsetting the env vars did not change anything seemingly. So I am now
> pointing to gfortran the way you described and I am rebuilding
> everything (id est I just made a make distclean).

Good.

> BTW, I build LPAACK and ATLAS on my own for scipy recently, and it was
> absolutely critical to set my dual core to "performance" level for
> both CPUs. This allows ATLAS to correctly time its performance tests
> and decode how to build the code. I noticed that SAGE is also
> performing timing tests, so I went ahead and forced to "performance"
> my 2 CPUs. But I wonder whether it is necessary, as the SAGE build
> page does not mention anything about that....

It does so at the FAQ, but the Readme.txt hasn't caught up yet. ATLAS
will fail to build and Sage will recognize it and you need to restart
the build. In the future, i.e. Sage 2.10 the ATLAS build in Sage will
restart automatically for a couple times without the need to start
over the ATLAS build because usually the build would only fail for
tolerance reasons once or twice and you can pick up right at the point
where it failed. We should probably check before building what the
power status of the CPUs is and warn about it/stop the build, but
since it requires root privileges to change the power state and the
way to set power management states varies from system to system (and
often the required tools are there by default) it will remain a tricky
issue for a while until it is all sorted out.

> I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

> Johann

Cheers,