I tried the osx 10.4 dmg. It mounts correctly as a volume.

However, when I drag the sage folder over,
about halfway through I get a dialog

(You cannot copy "singular" to the destination because its name is the
same as the name of an item on the destination except for the case of
some characters)

then the copy aborts

If from the terminal I do

cp -r /Volumes/sage-2.9.2-OSX10.4-intel-i386-Darwin/sage .

it works ok.

Can anyone else confirm.

This is OSX 10.4