On Jan 5, 2008, at 1:56 PM, mabshoff wrote:

> On Jan 5, 10:14 pm, Robert Bradshaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Robert,
>
>> Did anything ever come of doing an OS X .app?
>
> The skeleton is stil there and I think most problems have been solved
> in general. What it needs is probably a little polish and a script to
> automatically create it via -bdist. I believe the files are no longer
> available on the website, but I could put them back up if anybody
> wants to work on them. I feel that an app for OSX delivered via a dmg
> would probably the preferred mode of distribution for a lot of people
> on Macs.

My thoughts exactly. Actually, if one double-clicks on an executable
shell script it opens up a terminal and executes. Perhaps this would
be a good solution--make a shell script in the top level of the .dmg
that fires up the notebook. The console would also appear, and
closing it would kill the sage server (with a warning dialog).

- Robert