On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 1:01 PM Pierre Vanhove <vanhove.pie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do you by any chance try to use Brew's gcc and g++?
>

> no as I remember.
>
> What is the output of
>
> ls -l /usr/local/include/stdio.h
>

> % ls -l /usr/local/include/stdio.h
> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 71 déc 14 17:11 /usr/local/include/stdio.h ->
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/stdio.h
>

> This looks like the standard MacOS distrib.

yes, but on my system such a symbolic link does not exist.

What did one do yesterday just after 17:00 on the machine?
Updated Homebrew? Installed macOS command line tools?
A hacker attack? :-)

Your config.log is full of warnings like this:

configure:6160: checking whether we are cross compiling
configure:6168: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  >&5
In file included from conftest.c:11:
In file included from /usr/local/include/stdio.h:64:
/usr/local/include/_stdio.h:93:16: warning: pointer is missing a
nullability type specifier (_Nonnull, _Nullable, or _Null_unspecified)
[-Wnullability-completeness]
        unsigned char   *_base;
                        ^
/usr/local/include/_stdio.h:93:16: note: insert '_Nullable' if the
pointer may be null
        unsigned char   *_base;
                        ^
                          _Nullable
/usr/local/include/_stdio.h:93:16: note: insert '_Nonnull' if the
pointer should never be null
        unsigned char   *_base;

                        ^

                          _Nonnull

/usr/local/include/_stdio.h:138:32: warning: pointer is missing a
nullability type specifier (_Nonnull, _Nullable, or _Null_unspecified)
[-Wnullability-completeness]

        int     (* _Nullable _read) (void *, char *, int);

                                          ^

/usr/local/include/_stdio.h:138:32: note: insert '_Nullable' if the
pointer may be null

        int     (* _Nullable _read) (void *, char *, int);

                                          ^

                                           _Nullable

It was always iffy whether just command line tools, without full
XCode, suffice to build Sage.
On my machine I have clang from the full-blown XCode

configure:5984: gcc --version >&5
Apple clang version 12.0.0 (clang-1200.0.32.27)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir:
/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

But you have it in Command Lines Tools:

configure:5989: gcc --version >&5
Apple clang version 12.0.0 (clang-1200.0.32.27)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin

You may try installing the latest XCode