On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 9:34 AM Pierre Vanhove <vanhove.pie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi - so I've tried to recompile (after distclean etc. ) now I get another
> compilation error
>
> Error installing package markupsafe-1.1.1

You seem to be trying with the same semi-broken Command Line Tools as
we discussed yesterday.
Could you please consider installing the latest XCode?

these errors get weirder and weirder.

Package 'markupsafe' is currently not installed
No legacy uninstaller found for 'markupsafe'; nothing to do
Installing markupsafe-1.1.1
Error: Tried to use Sage's Python which was not yet installed.
If this was called from an spkg-install script for another
package you should add $(PYTHON) as a dependency in
build/pkgs/<pkg>/dependencies
Error: could not determine package name

It says in effect that you need to add $(PYTHON) to
build/pkgs/markupsafe/dependencies

- but it is already there as far as I can see.