Le mercredi 24 août 2022 à 03:14:22 UTC+2, Kwankyu Lee a écrit :

> It is embarrassing that  an idea of attaching ".length()" method to a line
> segment graphics object leads to SageManifolds. We don't need vectors and
> inner products to compute the length of a line segment.

I agree that it sounds daunting to speak about pseudo-Riemannian manifolds
for just computing the length of a line segment, but note that, by working
at the EuclideanSpace level, the end user does not need to know anything
about the underlying manifold machinery.  See for instance this tutorial:
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/thematic_tutorials/vector_calculus.html

The only complication would be to add the extra line
sage: E = EuclideanSpace(3)
at the beginning of the code For instance, your example at the start of
this thread would become

sage: E = EuclideanSpace(3)
sage: l = E.line([(1,2,3),(2,2,3)])  # not implemented yet
sage: l.length()
1

Eric.