On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 8:04:02 AM UTC+9 Kwankyu Lee wrote:

> On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 2:57:15 AM UTC+9 Nils Bruin wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, 25 August 2022 at 07:23:41 UTC-7 Kwankyu Lee wrote:
>>
>>> But an intuitive way (or an object-oriented way ?) is to get the
>>> necessary information from the line segment. Thus if L is the line segment,
>>> I do p = L.mid_point(); r = L.length() / 2. Then circle(p, r) will do the
>>> work.
>>>

>> That sounds like the model that geogebra uses.
>>

> Yes. It would be a programming interface of the model.

Now I have this idea. (Sorry for the vague original post.) We add new class
"GeometricFigure2d" and "GeometricFigure3d". Line segments, circle, etc
would be subclasses. So we can do

l = figures.Line((1,2,3), (2,4,6))
p = l.mid_point()
r = l.length()
c = figures.Circle(p, r)
c.render(color="green")  # to get the rendered graphics object

We may say that the classes "GeometricFigure2(3)d"  implements descriptive
geometry but with coordinates, for drawing purpose but not geometry.