Hi

On Sat, 10 Sept 2022 at 21:32, Matthias Koeppe <matthiaskoe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> A draft of the Trac-to-GitHub transition guide is now available at:
> https://github.com/sagemath/sage/wiki/migration-from-trac-to-Git**b
>
> Please let me know what's missing or unclear.

Thank you for editing that!

The wiki page is titled gitl**b but the content is about github only, not
gitlab:

* How would a gitlab workflow work better or worse than github? Especially
the CI/Actions. Even if the preferred workflow is possible to implement in
either platform, their preferred philosophy will impact future features.

>From my previous post, as I don't feel qualified to evaluate this:

"""
 I don't know how accurate the below articles are, but found them
intersting to read. Would be interested in
comments from anyone who knows where they are inaccurate:
https://kinsta.com/blog/gitlab-vs-github/#gitlab-vs-github-key-differences
https://www.zdnet.com/article/github-vs-gitlab-the-key-differences/
https://www.incredibuild.com/blog/gitlab-vs-github-comparison (Flow and CI
sections)
https://radixweb.com/blog/github-vs-gitlab#difference
I can't tell which workflow is better for sagemath. Remember feature parity
betweenm them will also change every few months!

Also see what they say about themselves/each other:
https://about.gitlab.com/devops-tools/github-vs-gitlab/
https://resources.github.com/devops/tools/compare/
"""

Also the point that GL offers free private repos... if that is
necessary/useful.

Is someone able to update the wiki with equivalent guide-to-new-workflow
for gitlab so they can be compared? Is that necessary or not?

Regards,
Jan

--
  .~.