I did not chime in in the long thread leading to the vote, but I am quite used to working with Gitlab (hosted at my university) and would be more comfortable with a Gitlab solution because I have the impression that it gives us more freedom (we currently run our own patchbots, so running our own Gitlab runners should not be that difficult to achieve).

While working with trac seemed to be fine when I first contributed to SageMath in 2014, it now feels completely anachronistic to me; reviewing code there without any real support just feels painful. Adding the maintenance issues, I am happy to vote for leaving trac rather sooner than later. Given the current vote, this means that I'll vote for Github in the other thread.

Regards,

Clemens