On 24/09/2022 14:57, kcrisman wrote:

I think part of a solution could be PR templates, which add structure to the PR description (= the first comment). That could be a way of adding Authors (and Reviewers) to a PR.

If there's a way to (lightly) enforce that via some kind of bot, that sounds very reasonable.

On another note, I realize that the comment I made 6 years ago after Volker's comment is still relevant:
"There's also the non-trivial (though not blocker, probably) issue that zillions of links to trac.sagemath.org would instantly be obsolete"

How long do we want to have Trac still exist, but be read-only?  Obviously we wouldn't take it down right away, but presumably eventually we would need to do so.

Is it possible to choose the issue numbers in GH when making a migration? Then, setting a redirect of the form "https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/$TICKET_NUMBER -> https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/$TICKET_NUMBER" will make the lion's share of the links still relevant. This does not preserve fragments like "#comment:7", which is useful in long ticket discussions.

Regards,

TB