On Tue, 2023-05-30 at 10:15 +0100, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> So far we only had very few votes cast.

We probably should have started with the discussion and then voted
afterwards. FWIW I'm still not sure.

I basically agree with Matthias's points. If (for example) supporting
python-3.8 costs us very little, then having a policy that forces us to
drop it would be worse than having a policy that allows us to weigh the
pros and cons and make our own decision.

On the other hand, no one is ever going to agree on the weights
assigned to those pros and cons. We've had this same discussion a few
times already, and this time around it's pretty clear that we're
keeping old versions around for too long.

We COULD just try to be less conservative when dropping support for
older versions, as opposed to adopting a policy that mandates it. But
do we really want to have this same fight every three months? I'm
leaning towards voting yes for that reason.