On Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 12:01:04 AM UTC+8 Nils Bruin wrote:

I'd say the process for NEP 29 has now become so muddled that it's better
to start clean: Set a week (is that enough? do we need more?) for
discussion, then open a thread collecting votes *ONLY* (no comments) for
another week, count votes -- done.

I agree completely this is a good process, and actually tried to follow the
good example of the github voting thread (actually even copy & pasted some
part of the posting). There have been previous discussions on this topic
here on the mailing list and in a github issue and PR (
https://groups.google.com/g/sage-devel/c/j1cwbTU8aOU/m/2sTiwdKPBQAJ,
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/30384,
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/35403). Good to see that now there
are more people participating in the discussion.

I'm happy to restart the vote, either now or in a week.