On Mar 26, 2008, at 10:37 , William Stein wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:15 AM, mabshoff
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
>> Yeah, but that mean that any Sage release that is supposed to work
>> will so far only work up to 10.5.1. I didn't know that the tiny
>> version number of OSX can be unequal to zero.
>
> Yep, that's a serious problem.   I have tried about 4 times to
> upgrade my
> laptop from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2, but failed every time.  The last time,
> I just left
> it upgrading before I went to sleep, and 8 hours later it was still
> sitting there
> "upgrading".  Is it supposed to take that long?  I'll try upgrading
> my desktop
> instead, so we have at least one 10.5.2 machine in the regular
> testing cycle.

That's really strange.  I've been through the 10.5.2 upgrade on two
different systems, with no problems.  Well, no problems that made the
move from short- to medium-term memory :-}.

You were just doing the normal "software update", and the software
uprade window was stuck?  Or did it get beyond that to restart/install/
reboot stage?

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large, Director
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income