On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 at 01:49, Kwankyu Lee <ekwan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 8:35:24 AM UTC+9 Marc Culler wrote:
>
> I have a proposal: It should be forbidden to call for a vote on a proposal
> before there has been a discussion.
>

> Sorry if it was not clear to you, but the discussion before this vote is here:
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/sage-devel/c/uWHaWK7b6H4

>From my point of view, the discussion that happened in the linked
thread has few to do from (1)+(2)+(3) of Marc's proposal (that I
approve very much!). It contains a lot of controversy and you did
write "Anyway, as there are only objections here, I give up.". You
then launched this vote thread 2 days after while the discussion was
still going on in the first one. Notice that the discussion that
happened in the linked thread has very few to do with the vote
proposal that you made here. Your proposal was never introduced as a
proposal open to amendment but only as a vote.

To me this call to vote is premature and for this reason I vote negatively (-1).

Vincent