On Thursday, June 13, 2024 at 11:46:59 PM UTC-7 seb....@gmail.com wrote:

I think that regardless of questions about governance models, we should
take objections from community members seriously if they find something
annoying.

Of course. Open source projects stand and fall with participation.

But participation comes in degrees. Expressing that one is annoyed, or
saying that one is "for" or "against" something -- well, that's some
participation and better than no participation at all.

Here a development infrastructure feature was designed and implemented by a
new contributor. This rare engagement with the development infrastructure
of the project is something that our community should welcome and encourage
-- by engaging with the details of the feature in a discussion (I have
offered several prompts in this direction).