Since Tobias Diez's PR https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36982 ("Make
pyproject.toml the source for build dependencies"; TW: PR comments), merged
in Sage 10.4, the version constraints of the packages that happen to be
build dependencies of the Sage library (enumerated in
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/blob/develop/bootstrap#L36) are set
in https://github.com/sagemath/sage/blob/develop/src/pyproject.toml#L3 (and
no longer in build/pkgs/*/version_constraints.txt).

The tighter version constraints are needed by the Sage distribution for the
reasons that are documented by the comments added in my PR in
src/pyproject.toml (https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/38227/files).