On Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 2:12:30 PM UTC-7 tobia...@gmx.de wrote:

> the version constraints of the packages that happen to be build
dependencies of the Sage library (enumerated in
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/blob/develop/bootstrap#L36) are set in
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/blob/develop/src/pyproject.toml#L3

Right (adhering to the standard of modern python libs)

> The tighter version constraints are needed by the Sage distribution

Then please specify these version constraints in sage distribution and not
in sage-lib (eg by providing a version_constraint.txt file that is
compatible with the version constraints of sage-lib and the tighter
constraints set by other packages).

No, I will not start maintaining two sets of constraints.