On Apr 24, 2:39 am, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
dortmund.de> wrote:

> >  'spkg-install' uses '==' to check equality. That might be ok in bash,
> > but it is not ok in /bin/sh which is the shell that the script uses.
>
> Yeah, the curse of nearly ever Linux distro linking sh to bash. The
> problem is known and on my list of things to clean up. The general
> plan is to change all shebangs to
>
> #!/usr/bin/env bash

Em,
I personally would not have done that.

> since Sage requires bash anyway and a some of the configure scripts in
> Sage's components do not play nicely with the Solaris 9 sh for
> example.

Any configure script created by autoconf will work with Sun's shell.
I'd prefer to fix the configure scripts, but I guess you might think
that is more work. Personally I would tend to limit GNUism.

> > The following works ok - I replaced == by = whenever == was seen
>
> I put fixing readline on the list of things to do.

At least it is a very easy fix.

> The plan on my end right now is to fix the OSX 10.5 64 bit and FreeBSD
> ports in 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 and then tackle the Solaris port in earnest
> again once coercion is merged. Sorry for never getting back to you on
> your last email about the use of your Solaris boxen, post 3.0.2 you
> will definitely hear from me again.

I have some spare hardware, so can probably fit what OS you want to
test on.

Perhaps you should consider the buildbot

http://buildbot.net/trac

It is bascially a robot which builds software on different platforms,
then reports any build problems. I'm on a developers mailing list for
wireshark and note that the buildbot is pretty good at picking up
problems where someone introduces a fix, but which screws up on some
other operating system. I've not used it myself, but from what I can
see, it looks to see who made the changes, then lists those that have
made changes which create a problem.

Dave