In my long task of getting sage on Gentoo I
inspect spkg. So today I was creating an ebuild
for quaddouble and looked at the config options
available and the one used by sage and I see this:
  --enable-ieee-add       use addition that satisfies IEEE-style error
bound
                          instead of Cray-style error bound.
[default=no]
  --enable-sloppy-mul     use fast but slightly inaccurate
multiplication.
                          [default=yes]
  --enable-sloppy-div     use fast but slightly inaccurate division.
                          [default=yes]
None of these are changed from the default in
quaddouble spkg-install, which means that sage
use the sloppy options and Cray-style error bound.
Is it really what we want in sage?