David Joyner wrote:
> My students are finding this very useful. Thank you Alfredo!

I downloaded it to try it.  It looks very nice.  However, on my Thinkpad
A31, the numlock is activated and I can't deactivate it.  This means
that I lose about half of the keyboard because the numeric keypad is
integrated with the keyboard.

The numlock seems to work fine for my standard Ubuntu install (which
also has some thinkpad modules loaded in the kernel).  Another option
might be to disable the numlock from being on at startup.  Another
option might be to add the following to /etc/X11/Xmodmap (as noted at
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_get_special_keys_to_work#NumLock):

keycode 77 = Num_Lock

Do you have a preference of what to do?  I can try and test whatever
solution you think is best, Alfredo.  Thanks so much for your work on this!

Thanks,

Jason