Alfredo Portes wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Jason Grout
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I downloaded it to try it.  It looks very nice.  However, on my Thinkpad
>> A31, the numlock is activated and I can't deactivate it.  This means
>> that I lose about half of the keyboard because the numeric keypad is
>> integrated with the keyboard.
>> The numlock seems to work fine for my standard Ubuntu install (which
>> also has some thinkpad modules loaded in the kernel).  Another option
>> might be to disable the numlock from being on at startup.  Another
>> option might be to add the following to /etc/X11/Xmodmap (as noted at
>> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_get_special_keys_to_work#NumLock):
>>
>> keycode 77 = Num_Lock
>>
>> Do you have a preference of what to do?  I can try and test whatever
>> solution you think is best, Alfredo.  Thanks so much for your work on this!
>
> Thank you for debugging this. Did you try modifying the file in the
> livecd? I think it is
> missing in the docs that the password for the user/sudo is "doyen". Please
> let me know if it works and I will update the iso. Thank you.

Yes, adding the keycode line to /etc/X11/Xmodmap and then running
xmodmap on that file let me toggle numlock on and off.  Unfortunately,
now the numlock on state gives me the arrowkeys of the number keys
instead of the number keys.  But at any rate, it lets me type with the
full keyboard.

Thanks,

Jason