On Sep 20, 1:48 pm, "John Cremona" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/9/20 mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

<SNIP>

> >> which is plain silly since the machine has 4 dual core processors and
> >> *nothing* else is running on it.
>
> > The kernel on that box probably has throttling enabled which increases
> > the chance to hit the issue considerably. It does not matter in that
> > case that it is completely unloaded. We tell ATLAS to go ahead and
> > attempt to build anyway since deactivating the throttling takes root
> > power.
>
> OK, I remember that being the issue.   Maybe Cap'n Flint can magic me
> the root power from down under.

:)

> > In general I will hopefully fix this issue (i.e. restart the build on
> > failure a couple times) in 3.1.3.
>
> That did not work for me before...  Anyway it's possible there are
> other problems with Warwick computers this weekend since now Bill's
> machine id not answering my call either.

The restart would happen at the same point it failed and would not
restart from scratch. That is possible, but unfortunately in some rare
cases when the ATLAS build fails this would create some odd build
logs. I have done this manually a couple times, so I know it works in
99.9% of all cases :)

> John

Cheers,

Michael