The long test in ell_finite_field.py  which causes problems on this
platform is this:
            sage: E = EllipticCurve('389a')
            sage: for p in prime_range(10000):           #long time (~20s)
            ...       if p != 389:
            ...           G=E.change_ring(GF(p)).abelian_group()

I would like to know if there is something going on there which can be fixed.

Can you test these and see if they work:

            sage: for p in prime_range(10000):
            ...       if p != 389:
            ...           F=GF(p)

and

            sage: for p in prime_range(10000):
            ...       if p != 389:
            ...           Ep=E.change_ring(GF(p))

and

            sage: for p in prime_range(10000):
            ...       if p != 389:
            ...           G=E.change_ring(GF(p)).cardinality()

Thanks,

John