On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 at 12:37AM -0700, mabshoff wrote:
> can you merge the patch from #4180, export SAGE_PEXPECT_LOG=yes and
> run the some doctest that tends to do something stupid until you hit a
> bug? Then put up the interesting log in $DOT_SAGE/pexpect_logs
> (depending on how many there are list them by age (ls -altr) and pick
> the last one). clisp-2.47pre4 won't happen tonight for 3.1.3.alpha1
> since I need to do a lot of testing of it and Maxima 5.16.3 before I
> want to put up the spkgs and I plan to catch some zzzs in the not too
> distant future.

I put in the patch and started running tests. Here are the results from
a hang from running "sage -t -verbose" on calculus.py:

  pexpect log:
  http://math.kaist.ac.kr/~drake/maxima-22319-58212672-2.log.gz
  test output (the last bits, anyway):
  http://math.kaist.ac.kr/~drake/calculus-doctest.txt

I got a couple other hangs, and they all looked just like that: the last
line of the Maxima log looks like:

  (%o3560) "__SAGE_SYNCHRO_MARKER_1275662217"
  (%i3561)

I hope this helps...

Dan

--