On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Mike Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Martin Rubey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> As far as I know, Mike Hansen ported Ralf Hemmecke's lazy power series, too,
>> python.  They are not "exposed", however.
>
> In Sage 3.1.4, LazyPowerSeriesRing is exported to the global
> namespace.  You can find the source here:
> http://www.sagemath.org/hg/sage-main/file/3859ace86968/sage/combinat/species/series.py.
>  One of the nice things about (and primary motivations behind) Ralf's
> code is to allow for recursively defined series by keeping track of a
> lower bound on the order of all series wherever possible.

Sorry for the double post.  There is definitely some work that needs
to be done on the current implementation of lazy power series in Sage
such as getting it to do scalar multiplication of series directly
instead of turning the scalar into a power series and taking the
Cauchy product (!).  It would also be beneficial to implement van der
Hoeven's lazy/relaxed multiplication:
http://algo.inria.fr/seminars/sem99-00/vanderhoeven.html .

--Mike