> possible since in 3.3 we will convert the docstrings to ReST. This
> will likely break most patches not merged into 3.2.1.
<snip>
> around here is telling you what to do, but since the ReST transition
> will be painful otherwise please consider that into your plans.

I've been looking at the discussions about ReST and seen the Wiki page
about it, but I'm not sure how that will actually impact Sage.  In
particular, if we are not including $$ stuff in a docstring, will
anything change for how to write docstrings?  Or will we not be
writing docstrings in code itself at all?  I looks like the markup
will simply change, but I'm not sure.

I'm sorry if this is described somewhere, but I couldn't figure out
where that would be located.  A sample of "before" and "after"
docstrings would be very helpful, especially for those of us who have
patches that need some work and won't be ready for 3.2.1 or for a
while after that.

Thanks,
- kcrisman