I also think opt in is the way to go, to avoid things like:

trac account: batman
real name: Bruce Wayne

So how about *creating* the wiki page, then telling people to enter their
own info if they want to.  With the understanding that if they prefer not
to, then it is likely that their email address will appear in cc: fields and
can therefore be harvested.

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne --
Australia -- http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~aghitza/