I am not able to resolve the problems with Jmol.  When I view on the
Jmol site, the applet loads and runs fine.  Now when I try to do
parametric plot in the references on sagenb.org, I see the black box.
I can right click and manipulate the view, but here is the output of
the java console:

Jmol applet jmolApplet9__6248650044861166__ destroyed
Jmol applet jmolApplet10__6248650044861166__ initializing
language=en_US
urlImage=jar:http://www.sagenb.org/java/jmol/JmolApplet0.jar!/
jmol75x29x8.gif
AppletRegistry.checkIn(jmolApplet10__6248650044861166__)
(C) 2008 Jmol Development
Jmol Version 11.6.RC8  2008-08-14 22:55
java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.version:1.6.0_07
os.name:Windows XP
memory:24.1/33.4
useCommandThread: false
appletId:jmolApplet10__6248650044861166__
appletDocumentBase=http://www.sagenb.org/doc/live/ref/module-
sage.plot.plot3d.parametric-plot3d.html
appletCodeBase=http://www.sagenb.org/java/jmol/
popup menu not available
defaults = "Jmol"
backgroundColor = "black"
FileManager opening
http://www.sagenb.org/home/_sage_/1469/cells/36/sage0-size500.jmol?3
FileManager opening
http://www.sagenb.org/doc/live/ref/sage0-size500-562242044.jmol.zip
script ERROR: io error reading
http://www.sagenb.org/doc/live/ref/sage0-size500-562242044.jmol.zip|SCRIPT:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://www.sagenb.org/doc/live/ref/sage0-size500-562242044.jmol.zip
eval ERROR:
----line 2 command 2 of  file /home/_sage_/1469/cells/36/sage0-
size500.jmol?3:
         script >> "SCRIPT" <<
----line 1 command 1 of  file null:
         script >> "/home/_sage_/1469/cells/36/sage0-size500.jmol?3"
<<
I've had worse luck running locally.  I've tried compiling on FC10,
and the libraries from the Sun JRE were needed.  After going through
the Sun JRE process, a new set of sage compile errors had to do with
missing ant.

I hope this is of some help in isolating the problem.  I've tried
several browsers on several platforms, and generally can use sage and
can use jmol applets, but cannot use jmol applets via sage.

Kathy Gerber