My understanding is that, since Python is based on C, it is IEEE-754
compliant (as long as the CPU is, which I think is true for all the
modern CPUs).

Jython might be a different story. (Which, I just learned, is alive
and has a new version just released.)

Also, I think the Java changed its floating-point support a while ago.
>From what I remember, the problem was that they wanted Java code to
produce "exactly the same results" in all possible platforms, and in
doing so, their floating-point became non-compliant. I guess now they
have alternative classes of floating-point routines.

--
"The main things which seem to me important on their own account, and
not merely as means to other things, are knowledge, art, instinctive

L. Felipe Martins
Department of Mathematics
Cleveland State University
luizfelipe.mart...@gmail.com