Rob Beezer wrote:
> The past few days I've had my eye on this wish-list item, an
> "interactive graph editor" (meaning graphs as in graph theory, not
> graphs as in plots of data).
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/1321
>
> It'd be great if there was some infrastructure for creating a graph in
> the notebook by clicking to make vertices, dragging vertices to
> rearrange them, clicking pairs of vertices to add/delete edges, etc.
> I think I've seen interest in something similar for use with geometry
> objects.
>
> So in choosing a tool that allows interaction with graphics in the
> notebook, it'd be nice if it was powerful, or flexible, enough to
> support the creation of various data structures by clicking, dragging,
> etc on a canvas.

Mike Hansen played with doing graphs in SVG a while back and had a nice
little javascript thing that let you drag vertices around.  That's
something that is immediately usable, but it didn't do graph creation.
That seems just a bit harder (i.e., Mike's thing is an output thing that
doesn't have to communicate back with Sage, while what you are proposing
is an alternative input mechanism to Sage).

Jason