I've done as you told me...

http://sagenb.org/home/pub/285/

this is the public worksheet. It launch a popup windows so pls enable
popup to see it working. I tested it under Firefox and google chrome.
It does NOT work with IE, think the bug is in the excanvas.js or
something
similar. Nothing that cannot be fixed.

Select an area to interact with the graph. If you hover with the mouse
on the data series you'll get a tip showing the values of the data.

The x axis shows only the exponent of the base 10 of the log scale.
This
far from perfect :) but it looks pretty and enable user interaction
with the
graph.

Hope some developer find it interesting and star working with us on
this!

Bye Rob.