I don't think Jan has a trac account.  I have created #5371 to address
this problem.  Because of the cleaning up of the autosaves in 3.3, I
don't think such a long autosave interval is desirable, so I am
suggesting an interval of 5 minutes and a max history of 50 be the
defaults.  I should be able to get a patch in for sage-3.4.1.

-Marshall