Dear Kiran

> Just to make life complicated, have a look at
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_number
>
> and then
>
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nombre_positif
>
> Yes, it seems that "positive" means >0 in English and ">=0" in French.
> (I suppose "nonnegative" means >=0 in English and >0 in French. The
> French for >0 is "strictement positive").

As you could have imagined if you had knew that I'm french, I perfectly know
about this one :-) I've never heard something close to "non negative" in
French. It much to ugly !!!

An even better one: a "non decreasing" function is usually a function f
s.t. f(x) <= f(y) as soon as x <= y. In French, we call this "croissante"
(i.e. word-to-word translation of increasing). And if you say "une function
non croissante" (i.e. w2w non decreasing function) every one understand a
function which is *not* a non-decreassing function (ie there exist x,y
s.t. x<y and f(x)>f(y)). I must confess, I never understand this
non-decreassing, so I mentally translate to "never decreasing"...

I can tell you, it's a real fun for students :-)

Cheers,

Florent