On Feb 27, 5:10 am, mark mcclure <mcmcc...@unca.edu> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 7:44 am, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi Mark,

> > On Feb 27, 4:24 am, mark mcclure <mcmcc...@unca.edu> wrote:
> > Overall I am tending to disable App bundles for 3.4 per default due to
> > time constraints and get it back to default for 3.4.x once the kinks
> > have been worked out. Thoughts?
>
> I do like the app; I assume one could still build the 3.4 app using
> bdist?

Yep, the default for -bdist in 3.3 was to create the App bundle on OSX
but given that we still need to do some fine tuning I would rather not
have it as the default right now. The plan is to have an env variable
which controls if an App bundle is created or not and to switch the
default once the App bundle has seen some more polish.

One rather important optimization would be to avoid stuff the app
bundle into a dmg per default since when I test this cost a lot of
time and for the casual user who builds Sage locally and wants to
create the bundle it seems like overkill to create the dmg, so
introducing an extra switch to Sage to "just" create the app bundle
will likely happen soon, but probably not for 3.4 since time is
running out for that release since SD 13 starts tomorrow.

> Mark

Cheers,

Michael