On Mar 5, 10:28 pm, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Let's clear up another misconception here. GPL v3+ software is NOT
> banned from Sage. This is explicitly stated online.

Where does it say this? The comments on this thread suggest that Sage
will not upgrade to the next release of MPFR solely because of the
license change, which suggests that a de facto ban on GPL3 code is in
place.

> It just doesn't get included in the GPL v2+ version of Sage,

What do you mean, "GPL v2+ version of Sage"? Where can I download this
version? As far as I know, there is only one Sage download available,
and it does not include any GPL3 code.

david