On Mar 16, 11:25 am, Florent Hivert <florent.hiv...@univ-rouen.fr>
wrote:
>     Hi
>
> > There is a quaternion_order.rst in devel/sage/doc/en/reference/sage/
> > algebras that seems to be autogenerated.
>
> > After nuking the output directory rebuilding all documentation
> > repeatedly works.
>
> I tried this one... But on my computation server:
>
>  sage/algebras/steenrod_algebra_element sage/calculus/calculus
> sage/calculus/equations Exception occurred:
>   File "/home/combi/hivert/Sage/sage-3.4/local/lib/python2.5/subprocess.py",
> line 1003, in _execute_child
>     errpipe_read, errpipe_write = os.pipe()
> OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files
> The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err--kaK6F.log, if you want
> to report the issue to the author.
> Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error
> message can be provided next time.
> Send reports to sphinx-...@googlegroups.com. Thanks!
> Build finished.  The built documents can be found in
> /home/combi/hivert/Sage/sage/devel/sage/doc/output/html/en/reference
>
> Is this really a bug of sphinx ?

It might be, but this is the error reported: "OSError: [Errno 24] Too
many open files"

Can you check with ulimit -a what your current limit is (it seems to
be 1024 on sage.math for example) and increase it and try again? The
sphinx build works for me with 256 max open files on OSX, so the limit
itseself seems unlikely to be the culprit. Maybe you have some other
code running on the box that leaks file handles?

Cheers,

Michael