I also came across the problem with quaternion_order_ideal.py, but for
me it went away when I re-built from a clean tarball (rather than
upgrading from 3.4.rc0 as I had done before). But even the final 3.4
tarball generates some Sphinx error messages when you do a docbuild,
from some slightly mis-formatted docstrings in quaternion_algebra.py.
I've made a trac ticket for this -- #5531 -- and posted a patch. Any
volunteers for a review?

David