> It might be, but this is the error reported: "OSError: [Errno 24] Too
> many open files"
>
> Can you check with ulimit -a what your current limit is (it seems to
> be 1024 on sage.math for example) and increase it and try again? The
> sphinx build works for me with 256 max open files on OSX, so the limit
> itseself seems unlikely to be the culprit. Maybe you have some other
> code running on the box that leaks file handles?

massena-*el/sage-main/doc $ ulimit -a
-t: cpu time (seconds)         unlimited
-f: file size (blocks)         unlimited
-d: data seg size (kbytes)     unlimited
-s: stack size (kbytes)        8192
-c: core file size (blocks)    0
-m: resident set size (kbytes) unlimited
-u: processes                  268288
-n: file descriptors           1024
-l: locked-in-memory size (kb) 32
-v: address space (kb)         unlimited
-x: file locks                 unlimited
-i: pending signals            268288
-q: bytes in POSIX msg queues  819200
-e: max nice                   0
-r: max rt priority            0

massena-*el/sage-main/doc $ ulimit -n 1025
ulimit: value exceeds hard limit

I can't give it more...

Is there a way to know it some process leaks file handles ? From a regular
account / from root ? I tried lsof but it only answered my file 192 of them (I
don't have a root account).

Cheers,

Florent