> I'm not really familiar with Reduce, and am not a CAS developer. I am
> a kind of "interested observer" and I try to be helpful by collecting
> info about existing CAS systems and ideas and submitting links to the
> experts - you guys.
>
> Since I am alot more familiar with physics/engineering/numerical
> applications, I wonder if you think it would be a good idea to
> maintain a version of Sage geared towards these types of applications,
> especially now that Scilab and Reduce have been released as GPL-
> compatible.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hazem

Thank you very much Hazem

Honestly, I'm not aware of REDUCE capabilities, but I totally share
Hazem's point of view. Just having a look at that article, I can see
some interest for us to share (for example) the Z-transform features
of REDUCE with any scientist/engineer out there. I'm not saying we
should include REDUCE, also because I don't know whether maxima guys
at least made z transform available, but I think we should at least
consider taking some advantage from their open source code, especially
if we are now working so hard in our own symbolic package.

Could pynac take advantage of this?

Regards

Maurizio