Hi again,

This is the last in the series of symbolics related emails today. :)

I'm looking for comments to trac #5607, which has this summary:

In a comment to #5413 Jason pointed out the following confusing
behavior:

sage: g(x)=sin
sage: g(3)
sin(3)
sage: g(x)=sin+x
sage: g(3)
sin + 3

sage: g(x)=sin+cos; g(3)
sin + cos

I think the syntax for this should be:

sage: g(x) = sin(x) + 3
sage: g(3)
sin(3) + 3

sage: g(x) = sin(x) + cos(x)
sage: g(3)
sin(3) + cos(3)

Since it is not clear which variable to use if only sin is specified.
Also consider this situation:

sage: g(x,y) = sin + y
sage: g(3,4)
???

We have two options:

    * We could allow this syntax for convenience:

sage: g(x) = sin + x

and convert the function arguments to appropriate callable expressions
if the number of arguments of g match the number of arguments of the
given function, raise an error otherwise.

    * We raise an error whenever a function object is specified without
      variables.

Comments?

Cheers,
Burcin