Robert Dodier wrote:

>>     * We raise an error whenever a function object is specified without
>>       variables.
>
> There's no need to prohibit expressions for which there is not
> yet an interpretation; let the user decide whether something
> makes sense.

At the same time, raising an error let's us assign a meaning at a later
time without worries of backwards compatibility issues.

Besides, converting

sage: g(x) = sin + x

to callable expressions and then calling them with arguments seems to
rely on the order of expressions in the statement.  That seems sketchy
to me, since addition is supposed to be commutative here.

Jason