On Apr 20, 10:41 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Note that these above *all* have lib.0 in the path!  That's because I
> explicitly moved lib to lib.0 because we ran into this problem before.

Ahh, I thought about this and I now seriously doubt that XCode would
install crap in /usr/local. I suspect the TeX installer I have
installed copied crap over there since I also have ImageMagick++
headers and other things in there.

> I don't remember why/what installed libintl into /usr/local/lib on there.

Yeah, I would consider doing the trick to copy libintl.dylib* and
libintl.h in the right spots under $SAGE_LOCAL on -bdist since
otherwise this will happen over and over again. It will also bite
other people in the long term. Right now R does not mandate libiconv,
but future version (even 2.8 or 2.9 for example) might require it, so
building our own might be inevitable.  I am not too happy about this.

> William

Cheers,

Michael